Shape Bias Language Cards: 177 all-new double-sided cards with words, pictures, and descriptive sentences. Designed to teach the shape bias.
Lift-the-Flap Language Cards: 40 all-new lift-the-flap cards designed to teach important language skills. Volumes 1, 2, and 3 (18 cards total) have words, images, descriptive sentences, and interactive sentences. Volume 4 (6 cards) sorts new and familiar words into higher-level categories. Volume 5 (16 cards) focuses on word families and rhyming words.
Parent information and instructions: Instructions for using the word cards with your child.
- 177 Shape Bias Language Cards (regular price $24.95)
- 40 Lift-the-Flap Language Cards (regular price $19.95)
177 Shape Bias Language Cards
177 double-sided cards with words, pictures, and descriptive sentences. These cards are numbered to match the Teaching Cards and are designed to help the child learn the shape bias. The shape bias is an important concept for babies and toddlers because the rate of word learning improves once the child learns that the shapes of objects (such as chairs, books, cups, etc.) generally provide more information about the objects’ functions than their colors, textures, sizes, or materials. The front of the cards shows the same words with different fonts and colors. This side of the cards is designed to help the child learn that words’ shapes are more important than their colors, specific fonts, or background colors. The back of each card has a photo and a descriptive sentence demonstrating the word's meaning. These cards are our new 2021 version with an updated look and a new box.
Includes language development tips and a word cover to help isolate individual words.
40 Lift-the-Flap Language Cards
40 lift-the-flap cards with words and pictures. Each of the five volumes of cards included is designed to focus on important language development areas for your child. This is our updated 2021 version of these cards!
- Volume 1, Volume 2 – Designed to help children learn their first written words and the meanings of those words.
- Volume 3 – Focuses on helping your child learn short written phrases as well as sentences.
- Volume 4 – Gives your child practice forming higher-level categories and introduces some new written vocabulary words.
- Volume 5 – Has around 200 rhyming words which may be used to help your child learn some analytical phonics.
The Shape Bias Language Cards and Lift-the-Flap Language Cards are also available individually. To purchase these Language Cards with our new Early Literacy Sliding Books and Sliding Phonics Cards at a discounted price, please see the Early Literacy Set.
These cards are for children ages 3 months to 7+ years.
Approximate dimensions of books and word cards in this package (when closed):
- Lift-the-Flap Language Cards: 7.25 by 3.7 inches
- Shape Bias Language Cards: 7 by 3.7 inches